Search This Blog

Friday 29 July 2011

Fairford, Borremans and Hale


A couple of weeks ago I went to the RAF Fairford, to see the Air Tattoo airshow. I had my DSLR with me - it was a perfect opportunity to take some good shots. 

What I've found though, curiously (or perhaps not so), is that after looking at them I'm drawn not to the planes but to the figures, which were caught in the line of sight at the time and of course their blurred nature appealed. I've selected a few photos which I feel have the most potential out of the whole, which you can see above and of course after the jump.



Naturally I found Batman along the way - obviously there to enforce the worlds largest military airshow.


I found alot of the shots quite reminiscent of two artists who I find a great source of inspiration, for the more sky dominated photos, I present to you Phil Hale. His paintings are rather crazy, and often bursting with energy. There are a good few ruled by blue swathes of sky, with figures breaking out of it in the most fantastic of ways.

For the darker photos, like the one directly above which I've tinted a slight green (these are working images), parallels with - Michaël Borremans may be drawn. His works have a certain evanescence to them, and his paint handling is incredibly refreshing to see.

I've linked it through Visual Inventory rather than the source directly as I discovered the blog a few days ago and its a really wonderful thing. I've been met with fantastic imagery in the posts, its quite valuable to gaze over - if you do decide to take a look, you certainly wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment