Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Triptych (or not)

I had spent several weeks in late March and early April toying with the idea of a triptych, from a rather grand photograph I had of german origin (Which I plan to elaborate on in a future post).

My main reason for this was to try to branch out compositionally, as very often I include only one or two figures in any given panel. Though lately many are paired off to form a series of diptychs, and currently my work in progress is a tetraptych (thats four panels!).

What I've found is that I can work more freely over a selection of spaces, rather than being contained over purely the one, however, the middle and right panels to this proposed triptych were hell, and I lack the time to really correct my work, so the left panel I now consider a standalone piece, Untitled 11-g.

No comments:

Post a Comment