Search This Blog

Sunday 24 April 2011

The younger brother

I thought I'd take the time today to write briefly about what perhaps may not immediately seem connected with my practice, but in a certain light it is indeed along a similar route.

Last year I was made aware of something of an oddity whilst I was searching through my Grandparents collection of family photos. In several of them there appeared a young lad, who I had no prior knowledge of. It came to light that he infact, was my Grandads younger brother, strangely he had disappeared about 25 years ago, and no one had heard anything from him before late last year, when he finally got back in contact with my Grandparents. 

I spent the better half today sitting, and talking with this man (and his wife), a man, who was entirely strange to my brother and I, and yet my Dad, and of course my Grandparents knew him. It was an incredibly odd sensation, and though I'm well acquainted with my Grandads sisters, to see another example of an older male figure in the family was strange. He is quite familiar in personality, tone and apparently temperament to his older brother and it was nice to have that sense of connection from the word go.

I found it a great source of personal fascination that when my practice revolves around the severance of connections in mysterious manners, that I should find myself in a situation where connections are both forged and reforged in such a way as today.

1 comment: