Search This Blog

Saturday 16 April 2011

Yesterday afternoon in the studio

I spent part of yesterday packing my paint up so I could continue working over easter, the odd thing was I really struggled in doing it. There was something very final about boxing brushes, bottles and tubes that have sat continuously on those two palettes I have which, in reality are simply desks. 

I felt a pang of remorse in removing them, its their home and yet now with the tail end of the semester fast approaching, I know they wont return. 

Its incredibly odd when you spend so much time in the studio working, its a social experience - as frustrating as that can be at times, especially when crits and assessments were approaching, its something which becomes so ingrained into your psyche. The warmth I get from seeing those brilliant white boards, and the slate blue industrial floorpaint, coupled with the usual suspects (someone once referred to us as furniture) to be found, always in their paint splattered overalls is something I enjoy greatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment